Saturday, March 3, 2012

I Love Being Vegan

I love being vegan. Sometimes it is hard. Sometimes I still don't eat that great (like oreos, ritz crackers, too much PB... etc) but most of the time I just love being vegan. 

Today for lunch I basically just made my regular salad, but I put it on a wrap to mix things up, keep it fresh.
Wrap = corn tortilla, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, pepper, olive oil...
How can you not love food that is that colorful?!


And the best part of my lunch was this chex mix I put together real quick....
Mix = whole wheat chex cereal, banana chips, date nuggets (they're like raisins), and peanuts!


We totally bought the date nuggets on a whim because they were on a really good sale. I had never even had dates before. But they are delicious! Almost like candy! Very sweet. Sweeter than raisins. The banana chips were on a really good sale too. I love banana chips, and this is my first time buying a whole bag of them since being vegan. It is so nice to get new foods! 

So my vegan tip of the week is to MIX IT UP! Don't just buy the same things every time you go to the store. Look for deals and sales. Buy in bulk whenever you can. And don't be afraid to try something new!

Happy Eating!
-Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment