Saturday, July 21, 2012

Irvine, Guac, Koba, Sandwiches

Irvine...

Living in Irvine is going swell! I read somewhere that UCI won like second most vegan-friendly college campus one year... or something like that.


Guac...

I made guacamole for the first time the other day.

Here are the ingredients:
2 ripe Avocados
1 lime
1 tomato
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste


Mash up the avocado in a bowl before adding other ingredients, so you don't mash the tomatoes too much. Dice tomato and garlic, and squeeze lime juice into avocado. Mix all together and salt and pepper to taste. Put it in the refrigerator for a few hours so the flavors have plenty of time to mingle. Get some chips and enjoy!



Koba...

I know I don't usually eat tofu, but this yummy and inexpensive tofu place is dangerously close to my new apartment. It is called Koba Tofu Grill. They have a nice looking inside restaurant, but the part I like is their outside window. Everything on the take-out menu is priced at $5. I have gotten the tofu bowl twice this week. Tofu, rice, veggies, and soy sauce. They have non-vegan items on the take out menu too. It is delicious, convenient, and awesomely vegan :)



Sandwiches...

Jane and I had a nice lunch date last week at a mediterranean restaurant in Anaheim called Al-Tannour. I got a falafel sandwich. It was HUGE! It was so filling and so affordable. The best part is the fresh homemade bread. Totally vegan! This place just got renovated and definitely deserves a lot more customers for its quality, portions, and prices!! 

2947 W. Ball Rd.
Anaheim, CA 92804

714-484-0900


Go!!!



Patrick wanted me to take a picture of his beautiful sandwich that he made himself the other day. Patrick has a love for sandwiches almost more than Joey from Friends does. Here is his perfect turkey sandwich. FYI it's not vegan.



One more thing...

I accidently deleted the picture of the sandwich, but Patrick and I went to a place in Irvine called Phoney Baloney's. It is a completely vegan restaurant that is located right inside the entrance to a gym. Patrick found out on Reddit that this one day they were having 20% off your order, so we went! 

I got their Buffalo Chicken sandwich. "Spicy grilled buffalo Phoney's chicken with lettuce, red onion, celery, and house made vegan ranch dressing on a sourdough sandwich roll" $5.95

I also got a smoothie called Gorilla Food. "Spinach, banana, peanut butter, chocolate protein powder and chocolate almond milk" You don't taste the spinach. It tastes like the smoothies I make at home, but more chocolate-y and more protein-y! $3.95

It was a vegan meal for a queen! Check out their website for more awesome vegan stuff:



Well that is all the stuff I had backed up to blog about. So I hope you are all still enjoying reading my vegan blog, and now I am hungry.

Happy Eating!

-Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment