Monday, February 6, 2012

Vegan Pizza!!!!!!!!!

Tonight I made my first homemade vegan pizza and IT WAS AWESOME!!!

I think it is my favorite thing I have made myself since going vegan.

So here's how I made it. (No recipe by the way, just me, myself, and my brain)

Ingredients:
Hunts mushroom flavor pasta sauce
Ground oregano
Pepper
Garlic salt
Fresh chopped garlic
Parsley
Green bell pepper
Onion
Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Corn tortillas

Preheat the oven to 350.

Step 1- Put tortillas in baking tray. Spoon some pasta sauce on top of the tortillas and smooth around so you don't see the bottom of the tortillas at all.


Step 2- Sprinkle the seasonings (garlic salt, pepper, oregano) on next so it soaks into the sauce real nice. Add the chopped garlic pieces and spread around evenly so you don't get a huge garlic bite! Then slice up and add all the other ingredients, adding a tiny bit of parsley last. Use as little or as much as you like. Slice everything thin. Place evenly around pizza to try to get even flavors in each bite. I poured the tiniest bit of olive oil on top of it before baking and also topped it off with some more garlic salt. You could use regular garlic sprinkles and not garlic salt, but it's cheaper that's why I use it. The oil made the tortillas a tiny bit soggy in the end, but it was worth it for the flavor. You could leave that step out if you want or just use a bit less oil. I loved it.

Step 3- Bake in oven for about 15 minutes. Let cool a little after coming out of oven, mainly just to give the whole thing a chance to not be so slippery. Me, I just scooped it right off the baking tray and onto my plate right when it came out. Didn't look as pretty but it tasted so incredibly amazing. I might add more tomato next time, but that's not the biggest deal. I'd say these turned out PERFECTLY! The size of the individual tortillas was nice.

Completely assembled, pre-oven:

OMG so good. And I love this because it had so much flavor but took up so little of each ingredient!! So I can make it often! I am confident this would surpass any non-vegan pizza lovers test! My family is Italian, so trust me on this one.

Happy eating!
-Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment